During my time as a PhD student I have had experience in most forms of teaching at the university level. I have been a teaching assistant, a thesis instructor and even a lecturer.
Personally I tend to enjoy supervising theses the most.
Formal education in pedagogy
Currently I have completed 5 credits in university pedagogy (the basic course).
In the future I aim to continue my studies in the subject.
I have supervised and instructed the following master’s theses:
- Finding Optimal Tree Decompositions
- Incomplete MaxSAT Solving by Linear Programming Relaxation and Rounding
- Preprocessing and Stochastic Local Search in Maximum Satisfiability
- The thesis is based on our paper Preprocessing in Incomplete MaxSAT solving published at ECAI 2020
I have supervised and instructed the following bachelor’s theses:
- Datasekretess i betalningssystem baserade på blockkedjeteknologi (Security in payment systems based on blockchain)
- Accepted in December 2019 with the grade 5/5
- Detektion av programinvarianter för automatisk testgeneration. (Using invariants in order to automatically generate software tests)
- Accepted in December 2017 with the grade 3/5
- Fast Fourier Transform
- Accepted in December 2017 with the grade 5/5
- Virtualisering av x86-arkitektur (Virtualizing the x86-arcihtecture)
- Accepted in May 2018 with the grade 4/5
- Mjukvaruutveckling och säkerhet för cyberfysiska system. (Software development and safety of cyberphysical systems)
- Accepted in May 2018 with the grade 5/5
- Metoder för textklassificering med konvolutionsnätverk (Text classification using convolutional neural networks)
- Accepted in May 2018 with the grade 5/5.
- Optimering av spelträdssökning med hjälp av statistiska modeller (The prodcut algorithm)
- Accepted in May 2015 with the grade 5/5
- Course Assistant: Bachelors courses in Mathematics, spring 2020.
- More specifically, the courses probability 1 and measure theory 1.
- I was in charge of grading the students exercises and preparing solutions to them, for the first time remotely (due to the Covid 19 pandemic)
- Course Assistant, Masters level courses in Mathematics and Computer Science, The Department of Mathematics and Statistis and The Department of Computer Science, The University of Helsinki.
- Courses: Real Analysis 1, Satisfiability, Boolean Modelling and Computation
- Courses took place during the Spring of 2015
- Course Assistant, Complementary Education for Mathematics Teachers, Gymnasiet Svenska Normallyceum, Centre for Lifelong Learning at Åbo Akademi University
- Courses: Basic Course in Analysis, Basic Course in Propability, Analysis 1 and Multivariate Analysis.
- The Principal Lecturer of the program (during the time I worked on it): Dr. Mikael Kurula
- Courses took place during 2013 and 2014.
- Course Assistant, Bachelor level courses in Mathematics, The Department of Mathematics and Statistics, The University Helsinki.
- Courses: Differential Equations, Basic Calculus, Linear Algebra, Basic Probability, Logic and Algebra
- Courses took place between 2011 and 2012.
- Course Lecturer, Introduction to Discrete Mathematics, The Department of Mathematics and Statistics, The University of Helsinki, 2011.