Here I will list other academic activities that I have participated in.
After finishing my doctoral degree in 2018 I went on two extended research visits.
In the fall of 2018 (Sept – Dec) I visited professor Peter Stuckey at the University of Melbourne and Monash University. During my time there we worked on research that ultimately led to the Loanda MaxSAT solver that was amongst the best performing solvers of the 2019 MaxSAT Evaluation.
In the spring of 2019 (Jan – May) I visited Professor Fahiem Bacchus at the University of Toronto. During my visit we worked on research that ultimately lead to improvements in MaxHS, one of the best performing solvers in the 2018-2020 MaxSAT Evaluations.
Service toward society
I am a member of the Young Academy Finland (nuorten tiedeakatemia) a: multidisciplinary organization for young researchers that aims to promote research and strengthen the status of science and scholarship in society. Membership in the academy is by invitation only and only at most one young researcher from each field is invited each year.
I am in the steering group of UniJunior, an interdisciplinary project aiming at increasing the curiosity (especially children coming from non-academic homes) toward the sciences.
I am the chair of the doctoral program of CP 2021, 27th International Conference on Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming (CP 2021).
I was one of the local organizers of the 16th International Conference on Theory and Applications of Satisfiability Testing (SAT 2013) in Helsinki.
Starting in 2020 I have been an organiser of the MaxSAT Evaluations, the foremost international venue for evaluating the state-of-the-art in MaxSAT solving technology.
Even though reviewing assignments have a habit of appearing at the worst possible times, I still enjoy doing them. They give me the opportunity to stay updated on what is happening in my field.
- Artificial Intelligence
- International Journal of Approximate Reasoning
- Journal of Universal Computer Science
- Frontiers of Computer Science
- Journal of Logic and Computation
- 27th International Conference on Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming (CP 2021)
- 24th International Conference on Theory and Applications of Satisfiability Testing (SAT 2021)
- 18th International Conference on the Integration of Constraint Programming, Artificial Intelligence, and Operations Research (CPAIOR 2021)
- The Thirty-Fifth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-21)
- 30th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI 2021)
- Senior PC member
- 29th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence and the 17th Pacific Rim International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI PRICAI-2020)
- Also the demonstration track of the same conference.
- 34th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-20)
- 28th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI-2019)
- 33th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-19)
- 27th International Conference on Tools and Algorithms for the Construction and Analysis of Systems (TACAS 2021)
- 16th International Conference on the Integration of Constraint Programming, Artificial Intelligence, and Operations Research (CPAIOR 2019)
- 16th International Symposium on Experimental Algorithms (SEA 2017)
- Fall 2020: I gave an overview of machine learning for 13-15 year old kids at Pyörön Koulu visiting researcher programme.
- Me, Matti Järvisalo and Ruben Martins gave a tutorial on MaxSAT at the 24th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI 2020)
- Spring 2020: I was a visiting lecturer on the course, “Naturvetenskaper Nu” where I talked about Neural Networks to undergraduate student and high school students
- 2011-2016: I have represented my department at “get to know the university” days aimed at. high school students.